Join me in magical Bali
29th September- 4th October
Learn how to make show stopping desserts like a professional.
At the Earth to Table café the decadent colourful dessert cabinet was what drew people in. Not only did they look visually spectacular they tasted incredible, some would even say euphoric and packed a nutritional punch. It wasnt uncommon for people to be enjoying these nutritious desserts for breakfast!
As a classical trained pastry chef I have built on my raw food knowledge and converted classical desserts to the most nutritious gourmet delicacies.
The most exciting thing about this course is that the luscious creams, fruity fillings, cheeky chocolates and delectable toppings will not weigh you down. Rather each ingredient in these desserts has been selected with the conscious dessert eater in mind.
In this Raw vegan patisserie course I am going to empower you with the skills and confidence to make these raw treats regularly, and share them with your family and friends or include them in a menu offering.
Just a taste of what you will learn:
- Raw vegan dessert-specific tools and equipment
- Key raw food preparation techniques and dessert recipe formulations
- Alternative Sweeteners and how to use them in raw desserts
- Binders, Thickeners, Emulsifiers
- Using Irish moss and agar-agar in raw desserts
- Nut-free variations
- Superfoods and how to use them in raw desserts
- Flavour balancing for desserts
- Natural colourings
- How to temper chocolate
- Introduction to simple piping techniques that will create a wow factor
- How to vary and adapt recipes making them unique every time
- The art of plating and decorating
Is this course for me?
The Raw Vegan Patisserie level one course is suitable for foodies, culinary creatives, seasoned chefs, home cooks and anyone who has a passion for healthy food and wants to take there dessert skills to a whole new level. Whether you want to advance in your professional culinary career, incorporate healthy alternatives on your menu offering or learn how to create healthy nutritional desserts for your family and friends, this course will open your mind to a new and exciting way of making desserts that are all wheat, gluten, dairy, sugar and guilt free.
Plus All of this included
- Welcoming circle and breakfast
- An Earth to Table Apron
- My favourite pastry tool that will create a flawless finish every time
- Manual with information and all the recipes, techniques and tips
- Field Trip
- Closing ceremony and dinner offsite
- Access to a private Facebook Group Page for ongoing support
At the end of the course you will master
- How to prepare raw, plant-based desserts like a pro
- How to integrate healthy, nutritious ingredients into your desserts
- Natural sweeteners and binders and how to use them
- How to master different cake decorating techniques
- How to temper chocolate
- Plating techniques
- How to store your creations so they last
Example of the course schedule:
- 9:30am-10:30am Raw food demo/lecture
- 10.30am – 12:30pm Practical hands-on un-cooking class
- 12:30pm-1:30pm Lunch
- 1:30pm-3:00 pm Demo/lecture
- 3:00 pm -4.30 pm Practical hands-on un-cooking class
- Later finish on some days
An example of what you will make:
- Gourmet layer cakes
- Pies and tarts
- Raw cacao truffles
- Tempered chocolate
- Muffins, cookies & more!
About the Academy
The Alchemy Academy is located just a few minutes from the heart of Ubud on the tropical island of Bali, Indonesia and yet there is an incredible sense of being surrounded by jungle and gardens. The building was designed by Heinz Paul-Kaupp using the concepts of sacred geometry. Many people describe a sense of serinity and peacefulness when the arrive in the Alchemy Academy space. This incredible space is a centre of transformation and awakening.
The town of Ubud is the cultural and spiritual center of the Indonesian island of Bali. Ubud was once called “Ubad”, meaning “Medicine” in Balinese, referring not only to the medicinal plants and herbs that grow in abundance here, but also to the healing power of this sacred ground. Ubud has long been known for its powerful curative energy, and for centuries, people have flocked to this oasis for healing.
Ubud is also a showcase of culinary inventiveness. And when it comes to raw, vegan food you find the very best that the world has to offer.
Important Things to Take Note
- Flights, airport transfers and travel to & from the venue and accommodation are not included; Travel and accommodation recommendations are listed below.
- Payment plans are available. A $250 deposit is required to reserve your spot, then repayments to suit your budget. Last payment is due 30 days prior to start date of the course.
Travel insurance travelling to and from Bali is highly recommended.
- Registrations close 1 week prior to start date.
- Fully paid up bookings are fully refundable less 50% booking fee up until 90 days out from course date. If you wish to cancel after this period, your payment & place will be forfeit. Refunds for deposits or payment plans partially completed will also incur a 10% admin fee.
IF YOU CANCEL YOUR PARTICIPATION
Please note that there will be no refund or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness. If you cancel your participation in the event for any reason, the refund policy below will apply, with no exceptions. To protect yourself further, we strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
Due to the nature involved in organising these trainings the following refunds apply as follows:
- More than 8 weeks before the start of the course: 100% refund less 10% handling fee.
- 4 to 8 weeks before the start of the course: 50% refund less 10% handling fee.
- Up to 4 weeks before the start of the course: non refundable.
CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT
In the unlikely event that we must cancel the training event due to illness, emergency, death, natural disaster etc, alternative dates will be offered. If you are unable to attend on the alternative dates you will receive a full refund.
We cannot, however, compensate you for any incurred airfare, travel, or accommodation costs. To cover these risks, we highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
We accept no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness, which may occur during the training. All students are strongly recommended to have their own travel insurance to cover any loss or injury.
For more info on Bali Travel download here.